Garage Door Service Of Indianapolis is able to supply you with all the up to date and newest technology in garage door openers. If you just want your old one repaired or replaced , we’re able to take care of that for you. Contact us now and install that new opener you’ve been dreaming of.
If you’re curious as to what a garage door opener is, it is a box that is usually located at the top of the garage door which opens and closes your door. Sometimes people think the opener is the switch that is mounted on your wall. If the door seems like it’s having issues closing and opening, that might be a sign that it needs to be fixed or replaced.
Contact us and we’ll send a technician out to you to take a look at your opener. If it is the cause of the problem, we’ll then discuss with you the possible options on how to fix it. No worries though, we’re always able to fix any garage door problem and have you back up in no time.
The Types Of Garage Door Openers
There are four different types of garage door openers and our warehouse comes fully stocked with each kind. Whether it’s for your home or commercial building, we are able to repair or replace it for you. If you are curious about the type of garage door opener you have, here is some information on each type of opener:
- Chain Drive-The chain looks like one from a bicycle and connected to the motor.
- Screw Drive- Has a screwdriver trolley that sits on the inside of the track
- Belt Drive- Provides the least amount of noise. Made of steel or fiberglass
- Jackshaft- This one is usually located on either side of the torsion bar
Any type of garage door opener that you’re interested in, we can get it. If you don’t have it in stock, you better believe we can have it shipped ASAP. Set up an appointment after it has arrived and have installed in no time.
The Best One For Your Garage Door
Which opener is best for you? We’ll it all depends. Certain features work better with different types of make and models. Don’t hesitate to ask one of our customer service reps. They will discuss every possibility you have that will work with your existing garage door.
Some of the features that come with the openers are:
- Lifetime warranties- Our manufacturers provide warranties on all their parts. If you’re not satisfied with the part or feel like it’s not working the right way. We’ll come back and fix the problem at no cost.
- Backup Battery- Has your power gone out? No worries, with a backup battery, your garage door will still be able to function if you have this feature installed.
- WiFi- This feature allows you to connect to your garage door using your smartphone or your tablet.
- Noise Control- Who wants a loud and noisy garage door? Nobody does especially if there is a room above or next to the garage door. This feature will help cancel out most of the noise a door makes.
Call us anytime, we have a team on standby 24/7 ready to answer any of your questions. Our team members are highly knowledgeable when it comes to any garage door service or it’s parts. They will help guide you to choosing the right opener that will fit your garage door needs.
So How Does A Garage Door Opener Work?
The wear and tear on your garage door can be a lot especially with the weight of it. That’s why making sure all the parts are working the way they need to will keep it breaking. Each part in a garage door opener has a job to do. If one of these parts fail to operate then so does the whole assembly. Here is some information on what each part does:
- The RECEIVER gets the signal from the transmitter and brings it to the capacitor.
- The CAPACITOR has a big job and it’s what opens and closes the garage door.
- The way your opener and remote sync together is from the DIP SWITCH which is a tuner.
- Your TRANSMITTER is your remote and when a button is pressed, it will send a signal to the receiver to open or close the garage door.
Without these parts functioning the way they are suppose to. Your garage door opener will fail causing your door not being able to close or open. If this happens we can send a technician your way and fix the damage in no time.
What Is The Correct Frequency?
Most garage door openers will run on the same frequency which is usually between a 300-400 MHz. The last thing you want is your opener interfering with other electronic devices. If you feel like your opener is out of tuned, contact us and a tech will be by to have it adjusted to the right setting.
We also want to make it hard to people being able to hack into our opener and gain access to your home. So the frequency will constantly hop around or another name is rolling code technology making it harder for hackers to get in. At any time you need more information about this technology, don’t hesitate to call us and a rep will gladly discuss it with you. The better understanding you have, the safer you and your family will be.
Your remote and the opener are a team. They work together to help open and close the door. If one of these parts decides to go out, don’t worry because we’re able to have them repaired or replaced. If your remote does need to be replaced, we’ll set you up with one that will fit all the needs for you garage door.
If your garage door remote stops working. This could usually mean two things; the batteries are dead or it may need to be reprogrammed. If you have the manual, you should be able to find they way to reprogram it. If not, call us and we’ll be happy to take care of that for you.
Your Garage Door Opener Needs Us
If your opener has finally decided to kick the bucket, don’t worry. The team at Garage Door Service Of Indianapolis will have it fixed in no time. Over the years this city has treated us amazingly and we want to give back to it the best way we can, fixing garage doors. We hate seeing people not feeling safe in their own home when their garage door isn’t working. That’s why we’re here to make every garage door need possible.
So when you are ready for a new opener or maybe a simple repair, call us and we’ll take care of you.
We’re here waiting to take your call and look forward to serving you!